Re: SURVEY: Accept requirement for immediate mode graphics a la canvas element?

Hi Rich,

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 18:31:53 +0100, Richard Schwerdtfeger
<schwer@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> I object to having <canvas> in HTML 5. There is no vehicle to apply
> accessibility semantics to the markup - unlike SVG.

 From http://www.w3.org/html/wg/html5/#canvas

"When authors use the canvas element, they should also provide content
that, when presented to the user, conveys essentially the same function or
purpose as the bitmap canvas. This content may be placed as content of the
canvas element. The contents of the canvas element, if any, are the
element's fallback content."

And also

"In non-visual media, and in visual media with scripting disabled, the
canvas element's fallback content must be used instead."

So if you could clarify your comment in light of that (and the rest the
section of <canvas> states on this subject, I haven't quoted everything),
that would be much appreciated so we can alleviate the concern.

Kind regards,

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>