RE: SURVEY: Accept requirement for immediate mode graphics a la canvas element?

I object to having <canvas> in HTML 5. There is no vehicle to apply
accessibility semantics to the markup - unlike SVG.

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger
Chair, IBM Accessibility Architecture Review  Board
blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/schwer

             Chris Wilson
             <Chris.Wilson@mic
             rosoft.com>                                                To
             Sent by:                  Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>,
             public-html-reque         "public-html@w3.org"
             st@w3.org                 <public-html@w3.org>
                                                                        cc

             11/16/2007 05:03                                      Subject
             PM                        RE: SURVEY: Accept requirement for
                                       immediate mode graphics a la
                                       canvas element?

Dan, I think Maciej's point is that the survey doesn't distinguish between:
"I want canvas in HTML5, and I believe it's already covered by the charter"
"I want canvas in HTML5, but we need to recharter to cover it"
"I don't want canvas in HTML5 (we should charter a different WG to do it)"
"I don't want canvas in HTML5 (go away)"

The latest survey still doesn't (particularly, the difference between the
first two is significant).

Maciej, does that echo your concern?

-Chris