Re: Moving forward? (issue tracking, spec review, shaping email discussions)

On 5/29/07, Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org> wrote:
> One idea for a plan is to start review

As mentioned on May 21, it may also be beneficial to come to consensus
on the Proposed HTML Design Principles [1]. That message said,

"I disagree with you on some incentives and qualifying evidence.
Perhaps incentives as well as types of qualifying evidence should be
defined in the HTML 5 Design Principles.

I propose that the working group discuss the HTML 5 Design Principles
as one of the next items it tackles and reaches consensus on them. We
all come from different backgrounds with different experiences. Coming
to agreement on guiding principles would aid in communication and
understanding. It would help avoid needless arguments and churning of
issues. Ultimately consensus of guiding principles and definition of
terms would benefit working group progress." [2]

Also, has the working group agreed that the following are indeed the
questions [3] that need to be answered for each feature:

> * What are the use cases?
> * What problems it solves and how?
> * Who benefits and how?
> * The incentive that authors will have to actually use it.
> * How it could be implemented.
> * The incentive that UA vendors have to implement it.

Related Reference:
"Pave The Cowpaths" Design Principle:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007May/0940.html

Thanks,