Re: html 5 and accessibility issue

On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 17:07:24 +0200, aurélien levy <aurelien.levy@free.fr>
wrote:
>>> - dt/dd need a reel relationship like the for attribut on label
>>> mechanism
>>
>> Why is there a need for this? The specification defines exactly what
>> the relationship is between them. Much like HTML4 did.
>
> because actually i can do :
>
> <dl>
>  <dt> 1st terme </dt>
>  <dd> 1st terme description </dd>
>  <dd> 2nd terme description </dd>
>  <dt> 2nd terme </dt>
>  <dt> 3rd terme</dt>
>  <dd> 3rd terme description</dd>
> </dl>
>
> with no way for AT to know that 2nd terme description is actually the
> 2nd terme description and not the second description of the first terme

Actually, no, you can't. What you're doing is not conforming to either
HTML 4 or HTML 5.

>>> - actually their is no fallback content for embed element
>>
>> Why is that needed for plugins?
>
> maybe i misunderstand the function of the embed element. Is this just a
> way to link to the plugins ? or a way to use it to show some content
> like the object element

Embedding a plugin.

>>> - the only fallback content for iframe elements is pure text, i think
>>> we need to authorize an "a" element to link to the content of the
>>> iframe
>>
>> Doesn't the <iframe> do that already? I'm not sure <iframe> needs
>> "fallback" content at all.
>
> I don't know if all UA do that but it's not the actual spec
> http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/present/frames.html#edef-IFRAME
> If all the UA do that, it's no enough to just say there is no need to
> author fallback, i think we need to say that this fallback content is
> given by the UA  with something like  IFRAME: "content of the src
> attribut on the iframe element"

Huh? <iframe> is just a way to embed another web page. Surely that page
should be made accessible to the user. Not sure why you need fallback
content for that.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>