Re: SURVEY: Release "HTML 5 differences from HTML 4" as a W3C Working Draft? formal decision

On Wed, 2007-06-27 at 14:42 +0200, Sylvain Eliade wrote:
> Le Wed, 27 Jun 2007 14:56:48 +0300, Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi> a
> écrit :
>

> > On Jun 27, 2007, at 14:50, Sylvain Eliade wrote:
> >
> > > But I'm reading this list since march and I never read any mail
> > > about this. And I can't find any details about the drop in the
> > > draft or when I search in the messages of this list.
> > >
> > > Maybe I missed something ?
> >
> > http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Alists.whatwg.org+accesskey
>
> Thanks !
>
> I didn't thought of searching on whatwg archives, sorry.
>
> But it didn't helped me to understand clearly why it has been dropped.
>
> Maybe we can explain why it has been dropped in some simple words in
> the document ?

This working group hasn't decided to drop it. I think the use
of "dropped" in the draft is a bit unfortunate, but I didn't manage
to come up with anything better, so there it is.

accesskey appears in the HTML 4 spec but not in the current draft of
the HTML 5 spec. Whether it should stay that way remains to be seen.
A few words about why it's not in HTML 5 might be worthwhile, but
it's not clear that we could come to consensus on a rationale quickly.

The draft does note

"Some of the open issues include (this list is not exhaustive):

      * ...
      * Details of accessibility and media-independence features. "

http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/html5/html4-differences/Overview.html
Revision: 1.25 of 2007/06/25 14:50:30

I hope that explanation suffices.

I'd rather not make changes to the document beyond
"publication-related changes (e.g. status section, typos, broken links)"
because if we do, we need to re-start the 7 day decision procedure.
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/trdiff/results