Re: About dropping the style attribute

Dannii wrote:

> One use case is non-WYSIWYG editors, such as forums, blogs and wikis
> which use BBCodes or a limited subset of HTML. If the user, for whatever
> reason, wants to make a paragraph coloured #382f5c, the only current way
> to do so is a style attribute. If <style scoped> was supported by
> anything it could possibly be used (with I'm guessing lots of arbitrary
> IDs placed throughout the user's content), but it seems like people are
> still discussing what part of the tree it would apply to. I could only
> support removing the style attribute if there was a workable alternative.

Entirely agreed. Instead of REMOVING the style attribute, why don't we
discuss EXTENDING it to full CSS styles and not only declarations,
taking advantage from the CSS error handling rules ? I remind you that
the CSS WG has a document about it.

Just to answer one simple question: yes there is a difference between
the style attr and a scoped style element : the latter can have a src
attribute and be overridden.

</Daniel>