Re: the market hasn't spoken - it hasn't bothered to listened [was Re: fear of "invisible metadata"]

Hey-

Let's step back a second.  The HTML 5.0 spec is a work in progress.  The
methodology seems to be to carefully consider the implications of each
thing that is put in, to best integrate it into the whole.

Just because @longdesc is not currently in the spec doesn't mean it
won't be.  The HTML 5.0 spec will not get out of Last Call if it doesn't
have *at least* as good a set of accessibility features as HTML4, and
I'm sure that everyone here (browser vendors included) are approaching
the issue with good will.

I think we will progress most effectively if we stick to technical
arguments for (or against) features, rather than jump to conclusions.

Regards-
-Doug