Re: BarCamp like for the HTML WG.

Karl Dubost wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was looking at the People Location page for the HTML WG. Many people
> didn't put their name there, but from what I can see. It seems that
> there is a majority of people on USA/Canada East Cost and Europe.
>
> http://esw.w3.org/topic/PeopleLocation
>
> I was then wondering how many people would be able to participate to a
> meeting for HTML WG either on the west coast or on in Europe,
> or maybe both at the same time.
>
> There are quite cool topics that could be addressed during these meetings.
>
>    * How do we organize the test cases?
>      but even more let's do a test case
>      party during the meeting with direct testing.

FYI: html5lib has test cases:

http://html5lib.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/testdata/

>    * Review of the issues which seem to not have
>      been addressed during the last 4 months?
>    * How to organize the templates to create a tutorial?
>      and maybe even drafting a few of them. Test
>      Cases could be a good opportunity
>    * Identify the parts were browsers have the
>      biggest lack of interop?
>
> People could also introduces the cool hack and development they do with
> HTML 5.
> Series of Lightning talks.
>
>     * What's implemented in Opera, Safari, Mozilla and IE?
>     * the different parsing libraries html5lib/python (anne/james) ruby
> (sam)

FYI: 5 people have contributed to the Ruby library, and the only library
I personally actually make use of is the Python one, and I have
contributed significantly to that one too.

>     * the conformance checkers

html5lib (both the Python and Ruby versions) have the beginnings of
conformance checkers.  Try "python parse.py -e http://google.com/"

>     * any tidy out there?

html5lib does a decent job of tidy.

"python parse.py http://google.com".  There also are a wide variety of
options, like --omit-optional-tags, --quote-attr-values, and
--use-trailing-solidus.