Re: Choosing name for XML serialization (Was: Re: HTML5 differences from HTML4 editor's draft (XHTML5 and XHTML2))

On 22 Jun 2007, at 03:26, Ben Boyle wrote:

> There ya go, just call it "xHTML" with a little x.
> Personally I think W3C need to decide if HTML and XHTML are the
> same language, or represent a variant/fork. The names and version
> numbers should reflect this. Maybe it really would best to do away
> with "XHTML" anything and just use HTML5 (and it can be HTML or XML
> syntax).

Could we not use a different name for the XML version of HTML5? perhaps:

   HTML-XML5

This is using the same theory behind naming FTPS and SFTP, where both
are two different systems.

Craig