Re: Choosing name for XML serialization (Was: Re: HTML5 differences from HTML4 editor's draft (XHTML5 and XHTML2))

Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> I don't think a version attribute would help. In browser-hosted
> implementations, DOM interfaces and default presentation are based
> solely on the namespace and tag name, and are not affected by attributes
> on the root element. I think this is generally true of non-browser
> implementations as well. Doing otherwise would be rather problematic.

This is not true. AFAIK the next version of XML Mind XML Editor (which
visually renders XML documents using CSS) will be able to switch between
configurations not only based on !DOCTYPEs, namespaces and root element
name, but also depending on the value of attribute on root element.

http://www.xmlmind.com/pipermail/xmleditor-support/2007-June/005420.html

So it is perfectly doable.

				Jirka

Be in, register for XML Prague 2007 today! http://www.xmlprague.cz