Re: Choosing name for XML serialization (Was: Re: HTML5 differences from HTML4 editor's draft (XHTML5 and XHTML2))

On Jun 22, 2007, at 1:02 AM, Jirka Kosek wrote:

> Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
>
>>> I would imagine the reaction of the XHTML2 WG is more to the name
>>> XHTML5 that would have the effect (whether intended or not) of
>>> making
>>> XHTML2 seem obsoleted. XHTML1.5 would get around that (while still
>>> providing a link to HTML something like java 1.2/ J2EE 2).
>>
>> I'd love to hear an official statement from the XHTML2 WG to that
>> effect.
>
> Me too. But before asking we probably should make sure that members of
> out WG will be happy with XHTML1.5.

So long as the XHTML2 WG's official stance is that we shouldn't use
the name "XHTML" at all, I prefer XHTML5 since it matches better with
HTML5. I don't want to bend over backwards to compromise with a group
that does not appear interested in compromise.

  - Maciej