Re: Versioning re-visited (was : mixed signals on "Writing HTML documents", tutorial, etc.)

Le 22 juin 2007 à 03:07, Thomas Broyer a écrit :
> By removing versionning, we're ensuring that future versions of HTML
> will have to be compatible with what we're now calling "HTML 5" (in
> the sense that HTML "5" UAs would still be able to process HTML "6"
> documents, and that HTML "5" documents will still be a valid HTML "6"
> document).

Not exactly. "We" are not ensuring anything. I don't know the future.
A group might want to diverge completely on this idea and change what
the actual HTML WG has decided. How many of us will still be on this
list in 5 years from now. How many new persons will come.

We might even make it more difficult for people in the future without
versioning.
It is not a black and white decision.

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***