Re: <code type="...">

On 6/21/07 11:20 AM, "Josh Sled" <jsled@asynchronous.org> wrote:

>> JS> Also, I note the analog with <object type=...>.
>>
>> There is no analogy,
>> because |type| of OBJECT specify technical characteristic,
>> but |type| of _all_ tags at all specify semantic characteristic.
>
> In the same way that <object type> specifies a technical characteristic (the
> media type) of the referenced object, <code type> would specify a technical
> characteristic (the media type) of the in-lined code.

And then it would be easier for extension developers to write things the
color code code blocks for people like me who spend a lot of time reading
code on peoples web pages that's often not color coded.

For example:

Not colored
http://livepipe.net/projects/picora/

Colored
http://livepipe.net/projects/event_behavior/

I'm not suggesting html have anything to do with defining color coding rules
or anything of the sort. But I do agree that extra bit of important
information would be Very useful to many people.

--
::   thyme online ltd
::   po box cb13650  nassau  the bahamas