Re: minor copy edits needed in HTML 5 draft (control over /TR/html5/ )

On Mon, 2007-06-18 at 22:08 +0000, Ian Hickson wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Jun 2007, Michael A. Puls II wrote:
> > On 6/18/07, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
> > >
> > > Oh I'd be happy to publish a snapshot to http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/ [...]
> >
> > Yes, please. That would be awesome.
>
> Ok. Dan, can we publish a snapshot?

Yes; it's a question of when...

The recent poll shows lots of support for
publishing a snapshot of the HTML 5 spec in its
current state, but some argument against...

"It is way too early to publsih the HTML 5 spec. The dicussion has
barely begun."
"Neither document is ready for the group to publish in current state.
They have not be reviewed in full by the group. Issues need to be
resolved."
"There still seems to be too much disagreement, a formal review would be
beneficial"
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/wd7/results

I'm not sure whether to force the issue and put the question
formally just yet. I didn't finish the conversation with Chris Wilson
before he went on holiday. I'm inclined to mull it over a while
longer.

I think we're making good progress on
getting review in this WG of the HTML 5 spec and on
the diffs-from-html4 document, and I think we're in fairly
good shape on design principles too (though I need to review
the level of consensus there and think a bit about making
some WG decisions about those principles).