Re: mixed signals on "Writing HTML documents", tutorial, etc.

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 18:47:02 +0200, Maurice Carey
<maurice@thymeonline.com> wrote:
> 8.1.2.4. Optional tags
> Certain tags can be omitted.
>
> Wouldn't it be better to say that implementers (browsers) are required to
> support documents under circumstances where certain tags were omitted but
> authors must strive for proper valid markup....or is the official
> position of the working group that there's nothing wrong with omitting
> html, head,
> and body tags in an html5 document?

I would actually like to be able to author the same way as I currently
author HTML4 documents.

> ....but for longer ones this would be useless since most browsers don't
> show the tool tip long enough and also don't break things into easier to
> read
> multiple lines :(
>
> Is there anything in html5 that addresses that problem?

Those are problems in the browser as far as HTML5 is concerned.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>