Re: please reivew mobileOK Basic Tests 1.0

On Thu, 2007-06-14 at 08:47 -0400, Sean Owen wrote:
> [...] It reflects roughly mid-level phones from the past
> 5 years to entry-level phones of today -- what "most" mobile users in
> the world might have available to access the web.

Why the quotes around "most"?

I'd appreciate pointers to any sources of credible statistics.

> cHTML didn't take off? I think Japan begs to differ, and I think it's
> an example of how very limited access can still be useful.

Again, I don't doubt your claims, but I'd find your argument
much stronger if it were backed by credible statistics. And
I'd like to think that the W3C Mobile Web Best Practices
WG includes some people who can speak to these deployment
issues 1st-hand, or at least point to the current
research.