Re: Table accessibility (was Re: headers attribute)

Please see below a note from a screen reader user:

"Hi,I just wonder what they would want to do with this information.Web
site design should not be screen-reader specific at all.It is unlikely
that one would get any reliable figures, but the two most popular screen
readers in use today is JAWS and Window-Eyes. All screen-readers use the
same mechanisms to grab and present the information. What is important
is not which screen-reader is used, but rather whether the
browser/browser-plug-in that has to be used to access a web site,
provides the relevant information to the accessibility layers in the
operating systems. Other general issues are mostly covered in the
accessibility guidelines, e.g. not to use images to convey text. As far
as which versions of the screen-Readers are used, at any one time, I
would say the last 3 or 4 versions of the screen-readers are in general
use. These things are expensive and so are their upgrades. People cannot
always use the latest versions. HTH, Willem"