Re: Lack of AT implementors participation (was Comments on IRC log)

At 08:56 +0900 UTC, on 2007-07-30, Karl Dubost wrote:

> Le 28 juil. 2007 à 03:39, Sander Tekelenburg a écrit :
>> I've suggested before that perhaps the chairs can actively approach
>> those
>> parties to get them involved. I haven't seen a response to that. I
>> don't know
>> if that means my suggestion went by unnoticed, was dimissed for
>> whatever
>> reason, or is being acted upon? :)
>
> AT as in Authoring Tools and/or Assistive Technologies

I meant Assistive Technologies, sorry.

We have a list of developers of Assitive Technolgies in the wiki:
<http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML/UAs>.

> I have tried the former group, without success, unfortunately. [...]
> Mocking up the development of HTML 5 only on the browser behavior
> would be a mistake and a missed opportunity.

Agreed. But, I'm ot sure if this would be the most interesting time for
authoring tool developers to join this group. They'd probably feel swamped by
all the emails about universality/accessibility. Developers of Assistive
Technologies OTOH would probably feel right at home ;) They should be here
*now*.

--
Sander Tekelenburg