Re: Comments on IRC log

At 09:19 +0100 UTC, on 2007-07-27, Joshue O Connor wrote:

[...]

> Maybe there is need for sub groups within the WG to look at various
> issues (starting with the problem) and work from there. The groups could
> take various issues that don't have to just be accessibility related,
> get their heads together and come up with a focused solution to suggest
> to the group.  This would lead the process in an incremental manner
> where ideas are thought out commented on and then abandoned or
> progressed as needed.

FWIW, I don't know if that would be a good idea. Sounds too much like the old
"Ooh, this is getting difficult, let's form a commission" ;) In fact, the sub
group will probably consist of mosty people with a particular interest. It's
likely they'd do their work, and when presenting it will find that they
didn't take other groups' interests into account enough.

For instance, a sub group coming with an authoring solution for table
accessibility may come up with something that puts an unrealistic burden on
UAs. Similarly, UA implementors may come up with a feature that puts an
unrealistic burden on authors, or cannot be made generally accessible. Both
are happening now. We need to all work together to avoid such
miscommunication.

Just my 2 cents.

[...]

--