Re: Why HTML should be taught as HTML without pretending it is XML

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 23:39:31 +0200, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
wrote:
> [...] In the future, we'll be making all Documents support all Document
> interfaces including HTMLDocument and SVGDocument, regardless of content
> type or root element. I think HTML5 should change to require this even
> for XML documents (it currently requires it only for HTML documents, in
> the text/html sense).

Actually, it already requires this for all Document objects: "(This is the
case whether or not the document in question is an HTML document or indeed
whether it contains any HTML elements at all.)"

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>