Re: [W3C docs] We should teach by example.

Dan Connolly writes:

> I encouraged some discussion in this thread as input to the editor of
> "HTML5 differences from HTML4", but I think it's time to bring this
> thread to a close.  The editor has considered these suggestions; we're
> starting to repeat ourselves and get into tangents.

Obviously that ends the discussion on the HTML source of that particular
document.  Do you also want us to stop the discussion on the wider
issues that have come out of this thread ("tangents", if you like)?

For example, there've been proposals that the non-HTML should require
closing tags, or quotes round attributes,which would be significant
changes from the current spec.  Is it still OK to discuss these
proposals?

And there have been claims that XHTML is preferred over HTML, which is
not reflected by the current spec, which says:

  Generally speaking, authors are discouraged from trying to use XML on
  the Web, because XML has much stricter syntax rules than the "HTML5"
  variant described above, and is relatively newer and therefore less
  mature.

Smylers