Re: [W3C docs] We should teach by example.

I encouraged some discussion in this thread as input to
the editor of "HTML5 differences from HTML4", but I think
it's time to bring this thread to a close.
The editor has considered these suggestions; we're
starting to repeat ourselves and get into tangents.

In particular...

On Wed, 2007-07-11 at 09:59 -0400, Maurice Carey wrote:
[...]
> I strongly believe that just teaching them to close all their tags properly
> will "almost guarantee" that it will just work in all browsers (except IE).

Then by all means, teach them. Please do write a tutorial or something.

43 WG members have indicated interest in "tutorial development, quick
reference, course materials, ..."
 -- http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/tasks83/results

I'm starting to wonder if a separate mailing list for tutorial
development would catalyze tangible progress.