Re: Lack Of Definition Of A Valid Ratio (part of detailed review of common microsyntaxes)

On 11 Jul 2007, at 13:43, Robert Burns wrote:

> Also I think step 6 of the algorithm:
>
> "If there are still further characters in the string, and the next
> character in the string is a valid denominator punctuation
> character, set denominator to that character."
>
> should be changed to something like:
>
> "If there are still further characters in the string, and the next
> character in the string is a valid denominator punctuation
> character, set denominator to the value associated with that
> character from table [tableref]"

It probably would be nice not to have unicode characters being thrown
around inside the parser unnecessarily, as we currently need to look
up the value of the denominator in both the <meter> and <progress>
elements. However, in some cases of the <meter> element, returning
the value associated with the denominator results in having needless
lookups (such as when @max is specified on |meter|, but |value| is not).

- Geoffrey Sneddon