Re: CSS syntax inside scoped style, was: Wiki page for style attribute

On Tuesday 2007-07-03 20:11 +0200, Thomas Broyer wrote:
> >article:first-child {}
>
> As I understand [css-style-attr], no, because article would the root
> of the "subdocument", i.e. it wouldn't be the child of any other
> element (in the context of the scoped stylesheet).
>
> >Does this also match the article?
> >
> >body > #articles > article {}
>
> No (see above)
>
> >Root element should still be html, so this should match nothing:
> >
> >:root {}
>
> No, it would match the article element (see above)

Both types of scoping are possible.  [css-style-attr] uses one of
them, but it may not be the best one for <style scoped>.  (In fact,
it may not be the best one for the style attribute.)  I've been
meaning to write a document describing the possibilities.

-David