Re: Neutrality in "HTML 5 differences from HTML 4"

On 7/3/07, Geoffrey Sneddon <foolistbar@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On 3 Jul 2007, at 08:32, Robert Burns wrote:
>
> > Again, this should be something fairly trivial to summarize for
> > long-time participants in the process (for strong memorable
> > rationales). It would be extremely cumbersome and perhaps even
> > futile for those of us who did not participate in the original
> > WhatWG to read through this lengthy record.
>
> Even if we summarise the reasons, we'll undoubtedly be asked why we
> came to such a conclusion,

Maybe so, but at least it would be a start in adding some substance to
the justification wiki pages for adding/dropping/changing attributes
and elements. If everyone contributed a little to the wiki, it could
really add up. Right now there is little to no justification for
adding/dropping/changing any attributes and elements (with a few
exceptions like headers and the accessibility issues).

> in which case the mailing lists will need
> to be read.

According to the editor [1] all issues must be tracked on _this_
mailing list for the editors to pay attention to them. He said:

> Do not include any content on the wiki page that wasn't first
> posted to this mailing list. (NOR principle)

Best Regard,
Laura