Re: Summary: Naming Issue, Proposals

They're all awful. XHTML 1.5 is the only alternative that I see (I was
just about to propose that until I that it was done before).

Besides, since XHTML2 has its own namespace, I don't think the XHTML2 WG
is in the position to tell us to not call the XML serialisation of any
HTML version "XHTML". FWIW, their language identifier is "XHTML2" to
which they should consequentially append any version number, e.g.
"XHTML2 1.0". As a reasult, "XHTML 5" (with a space!) is still on option
for us.

Now if the XHTML2 WG does want to use the XHTML namespace, we'd have a
conflict. But as this would cause a bunch of compatibility problems on
their side, I don't think we should care too much about that.

Dao