Re: Un-subscribe from public-html without leaving HTMLWG?

Karl Dubost wrote:
> I'm willing to ask the system team, but first I need to clarify the
> incentive to stay on the WG if not participating?

I would still be participating.

Karl Dubost wrote:
> People are not forced to be on the HTML WG to follow the discussions.

Correct. But people need to be on HTMLWG to participate in surveys.

Karl Dubost wrote:
> If you are an active contributor and wants to participate. Please use  an
> email client which can handle the load.

The problem is not client-side. Messages I had already seen (using the other
methods W3C kindly provides) would still be sent to me, even if using a
different client.

Karl Dubost wrote:
> I would prefer that people unsubscribe more than asking a particular  hack
> for this list.

Currently, unsubscribing from the public-html list removes oneself from
HTMLWG. I would like to continue as an HTMLWG Participant after
unsubscribing from the public-html list.

This facility may be useful for other WG's with a list which has a web
interface. It need not be done as a hack. Again, I apologise that I cannot
provide a patch to solve this.

Ben 'Cerbera' Millard
Collections of Interesting Tables
<http://sitesurgeon.co.uk/!dev/tables/>