DI element [Re: html 5 and accessibility issue]

This may be off-topic for "html 5 and accessibility", but I agree with
your assertion that a di element would clarify the semantic relationship
between dt and dd elements.

The specific use-case of dl that I see as ambiguous without a di element is:
<dl>
     <dt></dt>
     <dt></dt>
     <dd></dd>
</dl>

Does this represent a two terms (one without a definition), or a single
term with two possible term variations?

The addition of a di element could explicitly clarify the two situations:
<dl>
     <di>
         <dt></dt>
     </di>
     <di>
         <dt></dt>
         <dd></dd>
     </di>
</dl>

or:

<dl>
     <di>
         <dt></dt>
         <dt></dt>
         <dd></dd>
     </di>
</dl>

It would also is backwards compatible with current HTML UAs (the added
di elements don't affect the rendering of the content).

I'd appreciate feedback about this suggestions.

Kind Regards,
Andrew Ramsden