Re: html 5 and accessibility issue - dl element

On Sun, 01 Jul 2007 12:41:08 +0200, aurélien levy <aurelien.levy@free.fr>
wrote:
> The html 5semantic definition of the dl element is non backwards
> compatible with the current definition of dl element since the html 4
> didn't say if the dt must be before or after the dd element (or i miss
> it)

HTML 4 is indeed a pretty poor specification. Given that it uses RFC2119
it doesn't seem to define any normative requirements on DL, DD and DT
elements. Having said that, the examples it provides are a pretty clear
indication of what the intention of the specification is. And that's all
we got here. The interpretion HTML 5 used (and made normative) seems the
only reasonable way to interpret HTML 4 if you want tools, such as search
engines, to be able to understand the constructs as well.

I've seen confusion about <dl> in the past but I've actually never seen it
being suggested that <dd> can appear before <dt>. (More that for
'baz'.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>