Re: Underline element.

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 13:39:21 +0100, Ivan Enderlin <w3c@hoa-project.net>
wrote:
> I was reading the HTML 5 draft and something is strange about <u> tag.
> In HTML 4, <u> tag is depreciated [1], and <u> tag doesn't exist in HTML
> 5 [2]. I don't find anymore informations about it in XHTML 1.0 or 1.1.
> So I deduce that we can't underlined an element in HTML right now ?

This is still possible using CSS: text-decoration:underline. I believe the
main reason <u> is not in HTML5 is that usability studies have shown that
users very strongly connotate underlined text with a link. Using <u>
obviously has adverse affects on this expectation.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>