Decision Making (was: Re: Dissatisfaction with HTML WG)

On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 22:44:18 +0100, Preston L. Bannister
<preston@bannister.us> wrote:
> On the other hand, as to what (if any) decisions are being made, why,
> and by whom ... here I have to agree somewhat with Dean.  Things are a
> little
> non-obvious.  I suspect this has mostly to do with trying to invent a new
> process (for W3C) on the fly - nothing inherently bad.  But I cannot
> entirely dismiss Dean's suspicions, as ... I just do not know.
>
> My suggestion would to have someone periodically write for each major
> topic a concise summary of discussion to date.  Basically an exercise to
> bring
> everyone on to the same conceptual page.  The scattering of email threads
> and wiki pages ... lack focus.

Sounds good. Maybe a start could be that people e-mail questions, or
collect questions on a wiki, regarding decisions they did not understand
so the people who "know" have a place to start with providing rationale.
There always seem a few people willing to respond to e-mails on this list
providing rationale, etc., who might also be able to elaborate more on
those questions or provide pointers to earlier discussion.

Maybe we can also use these questions and answers to further expand on the
FAQ http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/FAQ or create a new resource dedicated to
this.

--
Anne van Kesteren