Re: Guide/AlternateElementTemplate

Le 6 déc. 2007 à 21:42, Geoffrey Sneddon a écrit :
> On 5 Dec 2007, at 23:54, Steve Axthelm wrote:
>> In the Tags section, do also need to document if an element's start
>> and end tags are optional?
> I think this is vital: it's too tedious jumping around so much
> looking up the list of omittable tags.

Interesting. In terms of benefits, I see it on the other side.
Regular syntax rules are usually easier to learn. If we do not mention
the omit tags, people will be encouraged to close them always, it
doesn't hurt interoperability.
And the "übergeeks" can still do what they want by looking at the
hardcore specification.

I'm in favor of not promoting optional end tags, to just ask people to
always close their elements.

--
Karl Dubost - W3C
http://www.w3.org/QA/