Re: <object> content-type sniffing (detailed review of Semantics)

Sander Tekelenburg wrote:
> Firefox 2.0.0.6 under Mac OS X 10.4.10. Default settings. Are you saying that
> is way outdated?

Yes.  That's based on Gecko 1.8 (which branched off the main development trunk
in August 2005).  It's had a number of security fixes, of course.

> Where/how does one get something current? Mozilla.com points
> me to 2.0.0.6 every which way I try.

Yeah, well.  It's the user-facing thing, so it points to the stable release
version.  I suggest http://www.mozilla.org/ and looking at "Developer
News",which takes you to
http://developer.mozilla.org/devnews/index.php/2007/08/03/gran-paradiso-alpha-7-available-for-download/

> According to <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Browser_timeline> Firefox 2 was
> rekleased in October 2006.

That's correct.  Firefox 2 and Firefox 1.5 use basically the same rendering
engine (Gecko 1.8), with pretty much identical standards support.  Gecko 1.9 has
been in development since August 2005, as I said.

-Boris