Re: Forms Taskforce participation

On Tue, 2007-08-21 at 13:58 -0700, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
[...]
> Will the Chairs of the respective working groups set the expectation
> for the goals of the Force Task Force, or is the Forms Task Force
> going to determine that itself (presumably as the first order of
> business)?

The current thinking is to take some quotes from charters
and such and hand it to the taskforce for them to salt to taste for
maybe three weeks. The quotes are all in a mail message from May...
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2007May/0015.html

I think Chris Lilley has the ball on that; stay tuned for
mail to public-forms-tf.
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms-tf/

> As for who should participate: I hate to think of things so
> politically, but to the extent that XForms and Web Forms 2 / HTML
> Forms are seen as opposing camps, it will be helpful to the legitimacy
> of the task force to have an equal number of advocates for the two
> positions. Ideally there would also be some who would be seen by both
> sides as neutral parties. I assume the representatives from the Forms
> WG will all be strong advocates of the XForms point of view. Are we on
> track to have a Forms Task Force whose composition will seem balanced
> to the participants and to outside observers?

I'd like to think so, yes. We might be low on neutral parties.
The idea of bumping it up from 3-per-wg to 5-per-wg is a possibility
I'm willing to look into of the current TF members mostly like
that idea... especially if there are particular people nominated.