Re: review of content type rules by IETF/HTTP community (new thread?)

On Tue, 2007-08-21 at 12:46 -0400, Sam Ruby wrote:
> Dan Connolly wrote:
> > On Mon, 2007-08-20 at 16:57 -0400, Sam Ruby wrote:
> > [...]
> >> Unfortunately, based on the quick list I gathered below, there is a
> >> competitive advantage to be gained by ignoring the spec as it currently
> >> stands.
> > [...]
> >
> > Is this feedback on the Internet Draft-to-be?
> >   http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/html5/cts/
>
> I believe so.  That document suggests that "text/plain" is
> authoritative.

Oops; then the document is unclear; it's meant to just
say "please review the HTML 5 spec, since it seems to
overlap the HTTP spec in scope; here's a copy,
quoted for your convenience."

The Internet Draft I'm working on isn't intended to specify
anything, but only invite review of the HTML 5 spec.