Re: Dropping <input usemap="">

P.S. I have now visited [1], using SeaMonkey 1.1 (sufficiently
similar to Firefox in terms of the underlying rendering
engine -- Gecko -- that I might expect similar behaviour).

I do /not/ see any file: protocol being invoked when
I press the "Contribute" button, but even before that I see
a crazily-written page where a significant fraction of
the scrollable area at the bottom is invisible and
cannot be seen using any available mechanism other
than "view source".  If sites are to be presented
as supporting evidence of the need for a particular
behaviour, then it is surely essential that those sites
possess the most basic attributes of "quality".  It
would, I fear, be only too easy to find examples of any
kind of behaviour the need for which one wished to
demonstrate if the universe of discourse included /all/
web pages, rather than being restricted to those that
demonstrate even a modicum of intelligence concerning
their coding and design.

Philip TAYLOR
--------