Re: HEADERS, FOR whom - any ID?

Philip Taylor wrote:
> Ben 'Cerbera' Millard wrote:
>> Lachlan Hunt wrote:
>>> [2 other points]
>>> * It is very widely used in reality.
>> Do you have research to back up the third point?
> http://canvex.lazyilluminati.com/survey/2007-07-17/analyse.cgi/attr/for
> http://canvex.lazyilluminati.com/survey/2007-07-17/analyse.cgi/attr/headers
> From looking at about eight thousand pages (details on the index page)
> [...]

So when <label> is used, two thirds of the time for="" was present. That
matches what I find.

But I was interested in a different point:

* In my professional experience, <label for> is not "very widely used in
reality" compared to how often labelling text does not use it.
* Sites I have handed over to clients with correct <label for> sometimes get
broken by them later on [2]. (When <label> is present with a for=""
attribute it can still be broken.)
* In my everyday browsing I rarely find clickable labels (<label for>). I
commonly find unclickable labels (either <td> or not marked up at all).

As I don't have figures for this, feel free to be skeptical. Your study,
although very useful, doesn't have numbers for this particular subject.

[1] <http://canvex.lazyilluminati.com/survey/2007-07-17/analyse.cgi/index>
[2] <https://umbel.co.uk/Buy.aspx?id=151>

--
Ben 'Cerbera' Millard