Re: 3.15 Tabular Data Review

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007, Laura Carlson wrote:

> It also says:
> "Known issues are usually marked like this. There are some spec-wide
> issues that have not yet been addressed: case-sensitivity is a very
> poorly handled topic right now, and the firing of events needs to be
> unified (right now some bubble, some don't, they all use different
> text to fire events, etc)."
>
> > Peppering it with several kilobytes of "this isn't final" notes would
> > not add much value, imho.
>
> There is already a CSS mechanism in place for marking up "known issues".
> Headers, summary, and long description are certainly "known".

The "known issue" markup is what I've used to record issues I run across
while I'm editing the text, which aren't recorded elsewhere. There are
literally thousands of open issues (in the form of wiki entries from this
group and e-mails that I've received or that were sent to the WHATWG
list), and recording them in the spec in the red issue boxes would
probably take as long as resolving them.