Re: [public-html] <none>

On 4/27/07 9:36 AM, "Gareth Hay" <ghay@garaidh.com> wrote:

> I don't see the problem, release HTML5 as "Web 2.0" and tell everyone they
> need a new browser, problem solved, you want Web2.0 sites, you need the new
> browser (just keep your old browser for the rest of the web)

Yes, like firefox with the IETab extension.

Also, Iıd like to point out that Iıve only been validating my html for about
3 years. Itıs not difficult to write valid code and I think it actually
makes CSS and Javascript easier when you have a perfect DOM tree. If people
continue to promote and educate others about standards then by the time
thereıs actually a final HTML5 spec and actual HTML5 browsers (at least 4
years from now by my guess) then we may not have to worry as much about the
possibility of the majority of authors still writing horrible broken code
when creating new content.

The majority of future content is going to be either web applications
themselves or the output of web applications. C++, .net, php, ruby, python,
etc etc etc developers work very hard to write the least broken code they
can come up with. They have to. Itıs the right thing to do. Yes, html is for
the masses and should be easy. But going forward, authors should strive to
write perfect code and the easiness of html5 should make it easier to author
content more perfectly.

--
::   thyme online ltd
::   po box cb13650  nassau  the bahamas