RE: Versioning and html[5]

At 11:18 -0700 UTC, on 2007-04-13, Chris Wilson wrote:

> Sander Tekelenburg [mailto:st@isoc.nl] wrote:

[...]

>>I believe that applies to Microsoft's authoring tools as well.
>
> Actually, I think that statement is wildly less true than it was even a
>couple of years ago.

I'd love to find *any* authoring tool that generates accessible and
interoperable web pages (basically meaning "valid HTML4 Strict with semantic
markup where presentational  can be avoided, and no dependance on other
technologies"). So far I've found only one authoring tool that comes rather
close (but with the many hundreds of tools out there, many of them expensive
and/or relying on environments not available to me, I obviously haven't been
able to try more than a few).

But I love surprises! ;) If you can show me one Microsoft authoring tool that
generates accessible and interoperable web pages, I promise you I'll raise
the flag and have trumpets blowing at the WRI site :)

>>[...] In other words, I invite you to participate in the Web
>>Repair Initiative: <http://webrepair.org/>.
>
> [...] You might want to talk to David Storey at Opera (Chief Web Opener),
>who has a very similar mission.

I know. But Opera doesn't produce authoring tools. Microsoft does. You're
therefore in a far better position to improve the quality of what is thrown
at UAs.

--
Sander Tekelenburg