W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > April to June 2013

{minutes} HTML WG telecon 2013-05-16: actions, issues, other Business

From: Jay Munro <jaymunro@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 16:21:44 +0000
To: "public-html-wg-announce@w3.org" <public-html-wg-announce@w3.org>
Message-ID: <898aee9afee44900b5b13f455b6e691c@SN2PR03MB045.namprd03.prod.outlook.com>
Minutes are published at

http://www.w3.org/2013/05/16-html-wg-minutes.html


Text version below:

  HTML Weekly Teleconference -- 16 May 2013       


- DRAFT -

HTML Weekly Teleconference

16 May 2013

Attendees

  PresentRegretsChairrubysScribejaymunro
Contents
  Topics action items due by today
    action-226 - carried over to next week.
    new issues this week

  Summary of Action Items






<gitbot> 01[13html-tools01] 15darobin pushed 4 new commits to 06master: 
02https://github.com/w3c/html-tools/compare/45700372e123...dfe18092da05


<gitbot> 13html-tools/06master 1491fe0ca 15Robin Berjon: PUB variable takes 
string, not number

<gitbot> 13html-tools/06master 14270d5ed 15Robin Berjon: move boilerplate to 
tools

<gitbot> 13html-tools/06master 143d891ff 15Robin Berjon: modify path used to 
pick up boilerplate

<gitbot> 01[13html01] 15darobin pushed 1 new commit to 06master: 
02https://github.com/w3c/html/commit/5ed884bff46766e25052564a13fb131f0614deee


<gitbot> 13html/06master 145ed884b 15Robin Berjon: move boilerplate to tools

<gitbot> 01[13html01] 15darobin pushed 1 new commit to 06html5_canvas: 
02https://github.com/w3c/html/commit/025337e02e9ca29d48c18cd402d6c8f14eed16ed


<gitbot> 13html/06html5_canvas 14025337e 15Robin Berjon: remove boilerplate, 
it's all in tools now

<gitbot> 01[13html01] 15darobin pushed 2 new commits to 06html5_canvas: 
02https://github.com/w3c/html/compare/025337e02e9c...97f0c776d340


<gitbot> 13html/06html5_canvas 14d000396 15Robin Berjon: fix weirdly misplaced 
content

<gitbot> 13html/06html5_canvas 1497f0c77 15Robin Berjon: fixing more text that 
is placed completely randomly

<darobin> 🎶 I'm going slightly maaaaaad, lalala 🎶

<gitbot> 01[13html01] 15darobin pushed 4 new commits to 06master: 
02https://github.com/w3c/html/compare/5ed884bff467...7dbe2652c2cc


<gitbot> 13html/06master 14d727279 15Robin Berjon: remove unused EVENTSOURCE

<gitbot> 13html/06master 14f8f3a24 15Robin Berjon: remove unused [FILESYSTEMAPI]

<gitbot> 13html/06master 146c013bf 15Robin Berjon: remove unused pingback

<rubys> trackbot, start meeting

<trackbot> Date: 16 May 2013

<tantek> rubys: I owe you an email reply to  
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013May/0000.html 
providing in writing what I said at last week's telcon.

<tantek> Sorry for the delay, will try to send that out today.

Sam, I can give scribing a try -

<rubys> tantek: thanks (and that's why I held over that item in today's telecon)

<rubys> jaymunro: thanks!

<scribe> scribe: jaymunro

<tantek> Thanks rubys. I wanted at least get that in the irc logs.

action items due by today

<tantek> Please feel free to incorporate into minutes.

action 226. (Kris?)

<trackbot> Error finding '226.'. You can review and register nicknames at 
<http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/users>.

<rubys> action-226?

<trackbot> ACTION-226 -- Kris Krueger to make sure that the organizational 
structure of github test suite is well documented -- due 2013-05-13 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/226


<tantek> (Re: 5a on agenda)

action-226 - carried over to next week.

new issues this week

no new issues

items closing next week?

The pre-last call period for MSE ends next Wednesday

<rubys>  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013May/0001.html


<scribe> new calls this week?

call for concensious for HTML:the markeup language and HTML5: edition for web 
authors. No call for concensus.

<rubys>  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013May/0069.html


topics will be converted into notes- published, but noted that they will be for 
a snapshot it time.

steve faulkner is working on a style sheet that will convert html5 spec.

Other business?

<rubys>  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013May/0000.html


CFC to remove microdata from HTML5. tantek said he would do that today (give 
feedback)

Overview of testing in view of CR exit

<rubys>  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2013May/0059.html


Robin posted a results of the discussion at F2F highlighting the sections that 
are ready to go, sections that need more testing. Sam encourages people to 
participate

Any other other business.

Danial austin from EBAY - talked about the error logging

he went thorugh the html5 spec to gather where there was error logging mentions.

<gitbot> 01[13html-tools01] 15darobin pushed 1 new commit to 06master: 
02https://github.com/w3c/html-tools/commit/d01d8db5b89c19d36e2915b91af7ac973eab932c


<gitbot> 13html-tools/06master 14d01d8db 15Robin Berjon: only include the 
switcher in HTML; remove the FPWD branches that were being published

Danial gathered them to future proof in thing put the errors together

there's a number of different classes, javascript errors, and others. Is it good 
idea to bring them together, or do it at a later date. The ball is in the perf 
group, and they'll come back to talk about it later.

Any other other business?

None

Call for scribe for next meeting?

??

Paul will likely chair next week

adjournment

Summary of Action Items
[End of minutes]



Minutes formatted by David Booth's  scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
 $Date: 2013-05-16 16:15:48 $ 




Scribe.perl diagnostic output
[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.138  of Date: 2013-04-25 13:59:11  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/


Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/contact/tantek/
Found Scribe: jaymunro
Inferring ScribeNick: jaymunro

WARNING: No "Present: ... " found!
Possibly Present: Bin_Hu CyrilRa Eliot IPcaller IanPouncey IanPouncey1 Jedi Mark MarkS MartinSoukup Microsoft P2 SuzanneT aaaa aabb aacc aadd abarsto adrianba cabanier cabanier1 darobin darobin_ gitbot glenn html-wg janina jarek jaymunro joined logbot mjs nonge paulc pladd plh rubys sgalineau silvia st_bbl stommepoes tantek tinkster tobie trackbot waynecarr yoav yoav_
You can indicate people for the Present list like this:
        <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary
        <dbooth> Present+ amy

Found Date: 16 May 2013
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2013/05/16-html-wg-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.


WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)


[Endn
of  scribe.perl diagnostic output]



Agenda below: 

Chair of the meeting: Sam Ruby
Scribe: TBD

(See the end of this email for dial-in and IRC info.)

== Agenda ==

1. ACTION items due by Thursday, May 16

a) ACTION-226: Make sure that the organizational structure of github
    test suite is well documented [Kris Krueger]
    http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/226


2. New Issues This Week:

    None

3. Items Closing Next Week

a) Pre-Last Call period for Media Source Extensions (MSE)
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013May/0001.html


4. New Calls this Week

a) CfC: stop work on "HTML: The Markup Language" and "HTML5: Edition for
    Web Authors"
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013May/0069.html


5. Other Business

a) CfC: remove Microdata from HTML 5.0, incorporate Microdata into 5.1,
    publish Microdata doc as a W3C note
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013May/0000.html


b) Overview of testing in view of CR exit
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2013May/0059.html


6. Scribe for next meeting

7. Adjournment

== Dial-in and IRC Details ==

Zakim teleconference bridge:
   +1.617.761.6200 code: HTML (4865)

Supplementary IRC chat (logged):
   #html-wg on irc.w3.org port 6665 or port 80




Received on Thursday, 16 May 2013 16:24:29 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 15:50:10 UTC