W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > April to June 2013

{minutes} HTML WG telecon 2013-05-09: actions, microdata CfC, TF reports, other Business

From: Kris Krueger <krisk@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 16:00:58 +0000
To: "public-html-wg-announce@w3.org" <public-html-wg-announce@w3.org>
Message-ID: <8f75bce4d9604b36bd7d47ef067e2c59@BY2PR03MB270.namprd03.prod.outlook.com>
HTML Weekly Teleconference
9 May 2013

Minutes	-> http://www.w3.org/2013/05/09-html-wg-minutes.html
IRC 	-> http://www.w3.org/2013/05/09-html-wg-irc

[15:59:24] <trackbot> Meeting: HTML Weekly Teleconference
[15:59:24] <trackbot> Date: 09 May 2013
[15:59:33] <Zakim> HTML_WG()12:00PM has now started
[16:04:13] <krisk> * I can scribe - let me pull up the agenda
[16:06:37] <krisk> Chair: rubys
[16:06:41] <krisk> scribe: krisk

[16:06:58] <krisk> TOPIC: 1. ACTION items due by Thursday, May 9
[16:07:05] <hober> Zakim, Apple is me
[16:07:09] <krisk> ACTION-226: Make sure that the organizational structure of github
[16:07:10] <trackbot> Notes added to ACTION-226 Make sure that the organizational structure of github test suite is well documented.
[16:07:15] <rubys> ACTION-226?
[16:07:15] <trackbot> ACTION-226 -- Kris Krueger to make sure that the organizational structure of github test suite is well documented -- due 2013-04-30 -- OPEN
[16:07:15] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/226
[16:07:19] <Zakim> +Plh
[16:07:33] <krisk> I have not made any progress but will have the wiki updated by next week
[16:07:35] <rubys> ACTION-226 due next week
[16:07:35] <trackbot> Set ACTION-226 Make sure that the organizational structure of github test suite is well documented due date to next week.

[16:07:46] <krisk> TOPIC: New Issues This Week:
[16:07:55] <krisk> rubys: none
[16:08:19] <tantek_> tantek_ has joined #html-wg
[16:08:25] <krisk> rubys: let's talk about the f2f web performance at the enfo (other business)

[16:08:31] <krisk> TOPIC: Items Closing This Week
[16:08:35] <krisk> rubys: none

[16:08:42] <krisk> TOPIC: Items Closing Next Week
[16:09:09] <Zakim> +Tantek
[16:09:17] <krisk> rubys: actually this should be 'closing' this week
[16:09:19] <krisk> CfC: remove Microdata from HTML 5.0, incorporate Microdata into 5.1
[16:09:20] <rubys> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013May/0000.html
[16:10:01] <krisk> tantek: can we discuss the microdata moves to 5.1?
[16:10:04] <krisk> rubys: yes
[16:10:39] <krisk> rubys: we are moving all of microdata from the htm5.0 spec and into 5.1
[16:11:04] <krisk> tantek: I'd like to promote the use of extension specs
[16:11:29] <krisk> tantek: Maybe this could be done with microdata?
[16:12:16] <krisk> rubys: if the whatwg makes this a seperate spec then this could be done, though if not we would need a editor to signup to do this work
[16:13:25] <krisk> rubys: right now we are just focused on 5.0 and don't want to make a rash move to remove it completely
[16:14:00] <krisk> tantek: Having this in 5.1 seems to go against our modulatity principals
[16:14:44] <krisk> rubys: tantek can you send a mail to the list to make sure the group has consensus?
[16:14:48] <krisk> tantek: sure
[16:15:41] <Zakim> +glenn
[16:15:56] <krisk> rubys: I don't think you are missing anything other then the ask for a editor to sign up for the work.
[16:16:56] <krisk> rubys: please bring this up on the list and we can discuss what we want to do beyond removing from HTML5.0
[16:17:36] <krisk> rubys: any other comments other than bring this up on the list?
[16:17:40] <glenn> :)
[16:17:43] <tantek> Thanks Sam and Daniel for the discussion

[16:17:50] <krisk> TOPIC: Decisions this week
[16:17:57] <rubys> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013May/0030.html
[16:18:17] <rubys> http://www.w3.org/QA/2013/05/perspectives_on_encrypted_medi.html
[16:18:40] <tantek> Zakim, mute tantek
[16:18:40] <Zakim> Tantek should now be muted
[16:18:47] <krisk> rubys: one decision has occured to allow EME to proceed as a First Public Working draft
[16:19:35] <krisk> glenn: If a format objection occurs, will this reverse the FPWD?
[16:19:50] <rubys> s/format/formal/
[16:20:07] <Zakim> -Tantek
[16:20:26] <krisk> plh: The process would (object) doesn't apply until last call, in this instance the Director actually looked earlier in the process
[16:20:30] <Zakim> +Tantek
[16:20:42] <krisk> glenn: I am happy to see things move forward

[16:20:54] <krisk> TOPIC: Task Force Reports
[16:20:56] <tantek> Zakim, Tantek is tantek
[16:20:56] <Zakim> +tantek; got it
[16:21:05] <krisk> SUBTOPIC: Testing Task Force
[16:21:11] <plh> s/The process would (object) doesn't apply until last call/The process doesn't require the Director to address Formal Objections prior to the move out of Last Call/
[16:21:12] <cabanier> cabanier has joined #html-wg
[16:21:31] <krisk> krisk: I don't have much to report here - I was not able to make the meeting this week
[16:21:43] <plh> s/in this instance the Director actually looked earlier in the process/there has been instances where the Director did however, such as microdata for example
[16:21:56] <krisk> krisk: Though I should have more to report next time
[16:22:15] <Zakim> -tantek
[16:22:21] <krisk> SUBTOPIC: Accessibility Task Force
[16:22:44] <Zakim> +tantek
[16:22:47] <krisk> Group has continued to meet
[16:23:03] <krisk> The group has focused on what areas of the spec need testing
[16:23:21] <janina> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=21985
[16:24:08] <krisk> We are working on getting bugs that impact 5.0 taken care of..
[16:24:42] <krisk> We are working on the extension specs such and have these ready in June
[16:25:33] <Zakim> -tantek
[16:25:33] <krisk> The group is working on creating proposal for 'transcript' - ISSUE 194
[16:25:51] <Zakim> +tantek
[16:25:58] <krisk> rubys: any other questions or comments for Janina?
[16:26:12] <krisk> SUBTOPIC: Media Task Force
[16:26:32] <krisk> rubys: anyone here to provide status?

[16:26:44] <krisk> TOPIC: Other Business
[16:26:52] <krisk> Proposal: stop work on "HTML: The Markup Language" and "HTML5:
[16:26:55] <rubys> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2013May/0016.html
[16:27:36] <krisk> rubys: please take a look at the list, no specific date
[16:28:05] <krisk> daniel: It would be good to have this for authors
[16:28:47] <krisk> rubys: The belief is that this is being addressed in another better mechanism vs the xlst/xml transforms
[16:29:19] <krisk> daniel: This seems like a key deliverable for authors and I'd like to see this not be dropped
[16:29:30] <krisk> ...I'll look on the list for more information
[16:29:51] <krisk> rubys: please do
[16:30:18] <krisk> janina: It seems it's more about how we do this rather than not doing this work
[16:30:22] <krisk> rubys: correct
[16:30:36] <krisk> daniel: I'll catch up on this via the list
[16:31:06] <krisk> SUBTOPIC: Web Performance and Error Handling from F2F
[16:32:30] <krisk> The WP WG is looking to have a futrue proof errors beyond networking (DNS, TCPIP, etc) such that it covers css, html, javascript errors
[16:33:09] <krisk> The upshot is that the WP WG should be able to accomidate this for these newer classes
[16:33:37] <krisk> daniel has an action item to go look for specific examples where this could be used in the HTML spec
[16:33:48] <krisk> rubys: and other business to discuss?
[16:34:00] <krisk> rubys: Scribe for next meeting?
[16:34:25] <krisk> rubys: Adjournment
________________________________________
From: Sam Ruby
Sent: Wednesday, May 08, 2013 5:49 AM
To: public-html-wg-announce@w3.org
Subject: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2013-05-09: actions, microdata CfC, TF reports,  other Business

The HTML Working Group will have its usual weekly teleconference on
2013-05-09 for up to 60 minutes from 16:00Z to 17:00Z.

http://timeanddate.com/s/2d17

Tokyo 01:00+1, Amsterdam/Oslo 18:00, London/Dublin 17:00,
New Jersey/York 12 noon, Kansas City 11:00, Seattle/San Francisco 09:00.

Chair of the meeting: Sam Ruby
Scribe: TBD

(See the end of this email for dial-in and IRC info.)

== Agenda ==

1. ACTION items due by Thursday, May 9

a) ACTION-226: Make sure that the organizational structure of github
    test suite is well documented [Kris Krueger]
    http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/226

2. New Issues This Week:

    None

3. Items Closing This Week

    None

4. Items Closing Next Week

a) CfC: remove Microdata from HTML 5.0, incorporate Microdata into 5.1,
    publish Microdata doc as a W3C note, closes Thursday, May 9
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013May/0000.html

5. Decisions this week

    None

6. Task Force Reports

a) Testing Task Force

b) Accessibility Task Force

c) Media Task Force

7. Other Business

a) Proposal: stop work on "HTML: The Markup Language" and "HTML5:
    Edition for Web Authors"
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2013May/0016.html

8. Scribe for next meeting

9. Adjournment

== Dial-in and IRC Details ==

Zakim teleconference bridge:
   +1.617.761.6200 code: HTML (4865)

Supplementary IRC chat (logged):
   #html-wg on irc.w3.org port 6665 or port 80




Received on Thursday, 16 May 2013 16:04:09 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 15:50:10 UTC