W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > October to December 2009

Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-11-19: issues, action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task force reports

From: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 04:53:54 -0600
Message-ID: <1c8dbcaa0911190253j5155161aw5db9124ea3af9ce@mail.gmail.com>
To: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, public-html-wg-announce@w3.org
Hi Paul,

Possible regrets. I hope to attend today's teleconference, but have a
conflict that could overrun making me late or miss the meeting
completely.

Best Regards,
Laura

On 11/17/09, Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com> wrote:
> The HTML Working Group will have its usual weekly teleconference on
> 2009-11-19 for 60 minutes from 16:00Z to 17:00Z.
>
>          http://timeanddate.com/s/1etz
>
> Tokyo 01:00+1, Amsterdam/Oslo 17:00, London/Dublin 16:00, New
> Jersey/York 12 noon, Kansas City 11:00, Seattle/San Francisco 09:00.
>
> Chair of the meeting: Paul Cotton
> Scribe: TBD
>
> (See the end of this email for dial-in and IRC info.)
>
> == Executive Summary ==
>
> 0. Pick a scribe
>
> 1. Review of "accessibility-related" action items:
> a) ISSUE-31 (missing-alt): ACTION-131 on Steve Faulkner
> b) ISSUE-35 (aria-processing): ACTION-138 on Steve Faulkner
> c) ISSUE-32 (table-summary): ACTION-145 on Cynthia Shelley
> d) ISSUE-35 (aria-processing): ACTION-158 on Steve Fauklner
>
> 2. Review of action items pending review:
> a) ISSUE-56 (urls-webarch): ACTION-137 Update IRI spec based on comments to
> Public-IRI, Larry Masinter
> b) ISSUE-55 (head-profile): ACTION-144 Update a separate spec for profile
> attribute, Manu Sporny
> c) ISSUE-83 (dt-dd-semantics): ACTION-152 Check on Change Proposal for dt/dd
> semantics, Maciej Stachowiak
>
> 3. Review of overdue action items:
> a) ACTION-127 on Paul Cotton: establish process for "official WG response"
> to other WG's RFC on LC drafts
> b) ACTION-155 on Maciej: Send CFC for review of decision policy
>
> 4. Possible missed F2F actions
> a) [NEW] ACTION: Kai to document use cases *ON A WEB PAGE*, or you talk to
> Ivan and request that he document the use cases on a web page [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2009/11/05-html-wg-minutes.html#action03]
> b) [NEW] ACTION: Tony to write that on the wiki (decentralized extensibility
> use cases for editors) [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2009/11/05-html-wg-minutes.html#action01]
> c) [NEW] ACTION: Arron to start ball rolling on this [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2009/11/05-html-wg2-minutes.html#action03]
> d) [NEW] ACTION: cs and fo talk about how porgrammatic focus works under the
> covers in microsoft. [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2009/11/05-html-wg2-minutes.html#action01]
> e) [NEW] ACTION: doug to send out instructions on how to get CVS access for
> dev.w3.org's htmlwg test suite folder [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2009/11/05-html-wg2-minutes.html#action04]
> f) [NEW] ACTION: sw talk about how programmatic focus works under the covers
> in apple. [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2009/11/05-html-wg2-minutes.html#action02]
>
> 5. New issues this week:
> None.
>
> 6. Review of Chair Calls for Consensus/Proposals:
> a) ISSUE-4 (html-versioning): HTML Versioning and DOCTYPEs
> b) ISSUE-7 (video-codecs): codec support and the <video> element
> c) ISSUE-14 (aria-role): Integration of WAI-ARIA roles into HTML5
> d) ISSUE-30 (longdesc): Should HTML 5 include a longdesc attribute for
> images
> e) ISSUE-63 (origin-req-scope): Origin header: in scope? required for this
> release?
> f) ISSUE-76 (Microdata/RDFa): Concerns about Microdata section and
> inclusion/exclusion of RDFa
>
> 7. New Chair Calls for Consensus/Proposals
> a) ISSUE-1 (pingpost) Hyperlink auditing requires use of unsafe HTTP method
> b) ISSUE-2 (pingui) Practicability of UI requirements for hyperlink auditing
> c) ISSUE-10 (video-smil) How similar should SMIL and <video> attribute names
> be?
> d) ISSUE-27 (rel-ownerhship) @rel value ownership, registry consideration
> e) ISSUE-87 (attr-normalization) Should spec require whitespace
> normalization of attribute values, particularly in title attribute?
> f) ISSUE-88 (content-language-multiple) Should meta/@content allow a list of
> languages instead of just a single language?
>
> 8. Status of Task Forces
> a) HTML Accessibility Task Force
> b) Testing Task Force
>
> 9. Scribe for next meeting
> 10. Adjournment
>
> == Details ==
>
> 1. Review of "accessibility-related" action items:
>
> a) ISSUE-31 (missing-alt): ACTION-131 on Steve Faulkner
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/31
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/131
>
> b) ISSUE-35 (aria-processing): ACTION-138 on Steve Faulkner
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/35
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/138
>
> c) ISSUE-32 (table-summary): ACTION-145 on Cynthia Shelley
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/32
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/145
>
> d) ISSUE-35 (aria-processing): ACTION-158 on Steve Fauklner
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/35
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/158
>
> The Chairs propose that all these issues and related action items be
> assigned to the Accessibility TF.
>
> 2. Review of action items pending review:
>
> a) ISSUE-56 (urls-webarch): ACTION-137 Update IRI spec based on comments to
> Public-IRI, Larry Masinter
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/56
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/137
>
> b) ISSUE-55 (head-profile): ACTION-144 Update a separate spec for profile
> attribute, Manu Sporny
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/55
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/144
>
> c) ISSUE-83 (dt-dd-semantics): ACTION-152 Check on Change Proposal for dt/dd
> semantics, Maciej Stachowiak
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/83
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/152
>
> The Chairs propose that all of the above actions items be Closed.
>
> 3. Review of overdue action items:
> a) ACTION-127 on Paul Cotton: establish process for "official WG response"
> to other WG's RFC on LC drafts
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/127
>
> The Chairs are working on a written proposal on how to handle "official WG
> responses" after our experience with the review of the MathML 3.0 Last Call
> specification.  Paul is also working on an updated list of imminent or
> current Last Calls.
>
> b) ACTION-155 on Maciej: Send CFC for review of decision policy
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/131
>
> This Call for Consensus closed successfully on Nov 10 without any
> objections.
>
> The Chairs are working on a clarification to handle Philippe's comment in:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Nov/0367.html
>
> 4. Possible missed F2F actions
>
> a) [NEW] ACTION: Kai to document use cases *ON A WEB PAGE*, or you talk to
> Ivan and request that he document the use cases on a web page
> [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/11/05-html-wg-minutes.html#action03]
>
> b) [NEW] ACTION: Tony to write that on the wiki (decentralized extensibility
> use cases for editors)
> [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/11/05-html-wg-minutes.html#action01]
>
> c) [NEW] ACTION: Arron to start ball rolling on this
> [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/11/05-html-wg2-minutes.html#action03]
>
> d) [NEW] ACTION: cs and fo talk about how porgrammatic focus works under the
> covers in microsoft.
> [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/11/05-html-wg2-minutes.html#action01]
>
> e) [NEW] ACTION: doug to send out instructions on how to get CVS access for
> dev.w3.org's htmlwg test suite folder
> [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/11/05-html-wg2-minutes.html#action04]
>
> f) [NEW] ACTION: sw talk about how programmatic focus works under the covers
> in apple.
> [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/11/05-html-wg2-minutes.html#action02]
>
> The above actions were recorded in the F2F notes but did not show up in
> Tracker.  The Chairs recommend that we review them to see if new actions
> should be recorded.
>
> 5. New issues this week:
> None.
>
> 6. Review of Chair Calls for Consensus/Proposals:
>
> a) ISSUE-4 (html-versioning): HTML Versioning and DOCTYPEs
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/4
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Oct/0941.html
> Note: Proposals are due on Dec 3.
>
> b) ISSUE-7 (video-codecs): codec support and the <video> element
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/7
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Oct/0938.html
> Note: Proposals are due on Dec 3.
>
> c) ISSUE-14 (aria-role): Integration of WAI-ARIA roles into HTML5
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/14
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Oct/0937.html
>
> Since there was no objection to the Call for Consensus by Nov 12, ISSUE-14
> will be closed.
>
> d) ISSUE-30 (longdesc):  Should HTML 5 include a longdesc attribute for
> images
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/30
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Oct/0939.html
> Note: Proposals are due on Dec 3.
>
> Charles McCathieNevile proposal:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Oct/0949.html
>
> e) ISSUE-63 (origin-req-scope): Origin header: in scope? required for this
> release?
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/63
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Oct/0940.html
> Note: Proposals due on Dec 3.
>
> f) ISSUE-76 (Microdata/RDFa): Concerns about Microdata section and
> inclusion/exclusion of RDFa
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/76
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Oct/0952.html
> Note that the above message incorrectly indicated this was ISSUE-72.
> Note: Counter proposals to the current splitting out proposal are due on Dec
> 2.
>
> 7. New Chair Calls for Consensus/Proposals
> a) ISSUE-1 (pingpost) Hyperlink auditing requires use of unsafe HTTP method
> b) ISSUE-2 (pingui) Practicability of UI requirements for hyperlink auditing
> c) ISSUE-10 (video-smil) How similar should SMIL and <video> attribute names
> be?
> d) ISSUE-27 (rel-ownerhship) @rel value ownership, registry consideration
> e) ISSUE-87 (attr-normalization) Should spec require whitespace
> normalization of attribute values, particularly in title attribute?
> f) ISSUE-88 (content-language-multiple) Should meta/@content allow a list of
> languages instead of just a single language?
>
> The Chairs plan to send out Call for Proposals for the above issues this
> week.
>
> 8. Status of Task Forces
> a) HTML Accessibility Task Force
> b) Testing Task Force
>
> 9. Scribe for next meeting
> 10. Adjournment
>
> == Dial-in and IRC Details ==
>
> Zakim teleconference bridge
> +1.617.761.6200, +33.4.89.06.34.99, +44.117.370.6152
> code: HTML (4865)
>
> Supplementary IRC chat (logged)
> #html-wg on irc.w3.org port 6665 or port 80
>
> Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
> 17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
> Tel: (425) 705-9596 Fax: (425) 936-7329
>
>
>
>


-- 
Laura L. Carlson
Received on Thursday, 19 November 2009 10:55:38 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:08:40 UTC