W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > October to December 2009

{agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-11-19: issues, action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task force reports

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 03:05:50 +0000
To: "public-html-wg-announce@w3.org" <public-html-wg-announce@w3.org>
Message-ID: <267F18971244A34BA58D684E5EAA4E6F0445256B@TK5EX14MBXC137.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
The HTML Working Group will have its usual weekly teleconference on
2009-11-19 for 60 minutes from 16:00Z to 17:00Z.

         http://timeanddate.com/s/1etz

Tokyo 01:00+1, Amsterdam/Oslo 17:00, London/Dublin 16:00, New
Jersey/York 12 noon, Kansas City 11:00, Seattle/San Francisco 09:00.

Chair of the meeting: Paul Cotton
Scribe: TBD

(See the end of this email for dial-in and IRC info.)

== Executive Summary ==

0. Pick a scribe

1. Review of "accessibility-related" action items:
a) ISSUE-31 (missing-alt): ACTION-131 on Steve Faulkner
b) ISSUE-35 (aria-processing): ACTION-138 on Steve Faulkner
c) ISSUE-32 (table-summary): ACTION-145 on Cynthia Shelley
d) ISSUE-35 (aria-processing): ACTION-158 on Steve Fauklner

2. Review of action items pending review:
a) ISSUE-56 (urls-webarch): ACTION-137 Update IRI spec based on comments to Public-IRI, Larry Masinter 
b) ISSUE-55 (head-profile): ACTION-144 Update a separate spec for profile attribute, Manu Sporny 
c) ISSUE-83 (dt-dd-semantics): ACTION-152 Check on Change Proposal for dt/dd semantics, Maciej Stachowiak 

3. Review of overdue action items:
a) ACTION-127 on Paul Cotton: establish process for "official WG response" to other WG's RFC on LC drafts
b) ACTION-155 on Maciej: Send CFC for review of decision policy
 
4. Possible missed F2F actions
a) [NEW] ACTION: Kai to document use cases *ON A WEB PAGE*, or you talk to Ivan and request that he document the use cases on a web page [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/11/05-html-wg-minutes.html#action03]
b) [NEW] ACTION: Tony to write that on the wiki (decentralized extensibility use cases for editors) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/11/05-html-wg-minutes.html#action01]
c) [NEW] ACTION: Arron to start ball rolling on this [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/11/05-html-wg2-minutes.html#action03]
d) [NEW] ACTION: cs and fo talk about how porgrammatic focus works under the covers in microsoft. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/11/05-html-wg2-minutes.html#action01]
e) [NEW] ACTION: doug to send out instructions on how to get CVS access for dev.w3.org's htmlwg test suite folder [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/11/05-html-wg2-minutes.html#action04]
f) [NEW] ACTION: sw talk about how programmatic focus works under the covers in apple. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/11/05-html-wg2-minutes.html#action02]
     
5. New issues this week:
None.

6. Review of Chair Calls for Consensus/Proposals:
a) ISSUE-4 (html-versioning): HTML Versioning and DOCTYPEs 
b) ISSUE-7 (video-codecs): codec support and the <video> element 
c) ISSUE-14 (aria-role): Integration of WAI-ARIA roles into HTML5
d) ISSUE-30 (longdesc): Should HTML 5 include a longdesc attribute for images
e) ISSUE-63 (origin-req-scope): Origin header: in scope? required for this release?
f) ISSUE-76 (Microdata/RDFa): Concerns about Microdata section and inclusion/exclusion of RDFa

7. New Chair Calls for Consensus/Proposals
a) ISSUE-1 (pingpost) Hyperlink auditing requires use of unsafe HTTP method
b) ISSUE-2 (pingui) Practicability of UI requirements for hyperlink auditing
c) ISSUE-10 (video-smil) How similar should SMIL and <video> attribute names be?
d) ISSUE-27 (rel-ownerhship) @rel value ownership, registry consideration
e) ISSUE-87 (attr-normalization) Should spec require whitespace normalization of attribute values, particularly in title attribute?
f) ISSUE-88 (content-language-multiple) Should meta/@content allow a list of languages instead of just a single language?

8. Status of Task Forces
a) HTML Accessibility Task Force
b) Testing Task Force

9. Scribe for next meeting
10. Adjournment

== Details ==

1. Review of "accessibility-related" action items:

a) ISSUE-31 (missing-alt): ACTION-131 on Steve Faulkner
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/31 
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/131 

b) ISSUE-35 (aria-processing): ACTION-138 on Steve Faulkner
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/35 
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/138

c) ISSUE-32 (table-summary): ACTION-145 on Cynthia Shelley
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/32 
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/145

d) ISSUE-35 (aria-processing): ACTION-158 on Steve Fauklner
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/35
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/158

The Chairs propose that all these issues and related action items be assigned to the Accessibility TF.

2. Review of action items pending review:

a) ISSUE-56 (urls-webarch): ACTION-137 Update IRI spec based on comments to Public-IRI, Larry Masinter
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/56 
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/137
 
b) ISSUE-55 (head-profile): ACTION-144 Update a separate spec for profile attribute, Manu Sporny 
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/55
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/144

c) ISSUE-83 (dt-dd-semantics): ACTION-152 Check on Change Proposal for dt/dd semantics, Maciej Stachowiak 
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/83 
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/152

The Chairs propose that all of the above actions items be Closed.

3. Review of overdue action items:
a) ACTION-127 on Paul Cotton: establish process for "official WG response" to other WG's RFC on LC drafts
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/127

The Chairs are working on a written proposal on how to handle "official WG responses" after our experience with the review of the MathML 3.0 Last Call specification.  Paul is also working on an updated list of imminent or current Last Calls.

b) ACTION-155 on Maciej: Send CFC for review of decision policy
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/131

This Call for Consensus closed successfully on Nov 10 without any objections.  

The Chairs are working on a clarification to handle Philippe's comment in:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Nov/0367.html
 
4. Possible missed F2F actions

a) [NEW] ACTION: Kai to document use cases *ON A WEB PAGE*, or you talk to Ivan and request that he document the use cases on a web page 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/11/05-html-wg-minutes.html#action03]

b) [NEW] ACTION: Tony to write that on the wiki (decentralized extensibility use cases for editors) 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/11/05-html-wg-minutes.html#action01]

c) [NEW] ACTION: Arron to start ball rolling on this 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/11/05-html-wg2-minutes.html#action03]

d) [NEW] ACTION: cs and fo talk about how porgrammatic focus works under the covers in microsoft. 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/11/05-html-wg2-minutes.html#action01]

e) [NEW] ACTION: doug to send out instructions on how to get CVS access for dev.w3.org's htmlwg test suite folder 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/11/05-html-wg2-minutes.html#action04]

f) [NEW] ACTION: sw talk about how programmatic focus works under the covers in apple. 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/11/05-html-wg2-minutes.html#action02]

The above actions were recorded in the F2F notes but did not show up in Tracker.  The Chairs recommend that we review them to see if new actions should be recorded.
      
5. New issues this week:
None.

6. Review of Chair Calls for Consensus/Proposals:

a) ISSUE-4 (html-versioning): HTML Versioning and DOCTYPEs
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/4
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Oct/0941.html 
Note: Proposals are due on Dec 3.

b) ISSUE-7 (video-codecs): codec support and the <video> element
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/7 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Oct/0938.html 
Note: Proposals are due on Dec 3.

c) ISSUE-14 (aria-role): Integration of WAI-ARIA roles into HTML5
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/14
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Oct/0937.html 

Since there was no objection to the Call for Consensus by Nov 12, ISSUE-14 will be closed.

d) ISSUE-30 (longdesc):  Should HTML 5 include a longdesc attribute for images
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/30 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Oct/0939.html 
Note: Proposals are due on Dec 3.

Charles McCathieNevile proposal:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Oct/0949.html 

e) ISSUE-63 (origin-req-scope): Origin header: in scope? required for this release?
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/63
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Oct/0940.html 
Note: Proposals due on Dec 3.

f) ISSUE-76 (Microdata/RDFa): Concerns about Microdata section and inclusion/exclusion of RDFa
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/76
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Oct/0952.html 
Note that the above message incorrectly indicated this was ISSUE-72.
Note: Counter proposals to the current splitting out proposal are due on Dec 2.

7. New Chair Calls for Consensus/Proposals
a) ISSUE-1 (pingpost) Hyperlink auditing requires use of unsafe HTTP method
b) ISSUE-2 (pingui) Practicability of UI requirements for hyperlink auditing
c) ISSUE-10 (video-smil) How similar should SMIL and <video> attribute names be?
d) ISSUE-27 (rel-ownerhship) @rel value ownership, registry consideration
e) ISSUE-87 (attr-normalization) Should spec require whitespace normalization of attribute values, particularly in title attribute?
f) ISSUE-88 (content-language-multiple) Should meta/@content allow a list of languages instead of just a single language?

The Chairs plan to send out Call for Proposals for the above issues this week.

8. Status of Task Forces
a) HTML Accessibility Task Force
b) Testing Task Force

9. Scribe for next meeting
10. Adjournment

== Dial-in and IRC Details ==

Zakim teleconference bridge
+1.617.761.6200, +33.4.89.06.34.99, +44.117.370.6152
code: HTML (4865)

Supplementary IRC chat (logged)
#html-wg on irc.w3.org port 6665 or port 80

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
Tel: (425) 705-9596 Fax: (425) 936-7329
Received on Wednesday, 18 November 2009 03:06:35 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:08:40 UTC