Re: MSE and EME heartbeat publications

Comments inline.

Once we figure out what we are publishing, where/how should I stage the
files?

On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 7:10 AM, Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
wrote:

> > Making sure I have the right context: you want to publish the registries
> in W3C datedspace (/YYYY/MM/foo-registry.html) so that everyone is happy
> with it being a sufficiently stable and controlled reference?
>
> When MSE was last published in July 2014 [3] it referred to a dated space
> version of the "Media Source Extensions Byte Stream Format Registry" [4].
>
> So doing the same now for EME (and for MSE if updates to its registry are
> required) makes sense to me.

We want to do this for EME eventually (later this year), but we need to
reorganize the registry first. For now, I think it's simplest if we just
include them as is next to the EME spec as we did last time. Can we do that
and address these issues for the next WD?

> Note that the August 2014 EME heartbeat [1] referenced a Jun 2014 version
> Editor's Draft of "Encrypted Media Extensions Stream Format and
> Initialization Data Format Registry" [2].

The registry files are in ED form and appear to have the date the ED was
last updated and were not updated to be WDs. (The MSE registry uses a
non-spec-track template.)