W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-media@w3.org > April 2015

{minutes} HTML WG media telecon 2015-04-07 - EME status and bug/issue discussion, heartbeat publications, F2F meeting

From: Joe Steele <steele@adobe.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2015 15:43:14 +0000
To: "public-html-media@w3.org" <public-html-media@w3.org>
Message-ID: <2632BADE-09DE-4A6E-9BF4-2A5C84D8FD02@adobe.com>
http://www.w3.org/2015/04/07-html-media-minutes.html <http://www.w3.org/2015/04/07-html-media-minutes.html>

Joe Steele


 <http://www.w3.org/>
HTML Media Task Force Teleconference

07 Apr 2015

Agenda <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2015Apr/0005.html>
See also: IRC log <http://www.w3.org/2015/04/07-html-media-irc>
Attendees <>
Present
paulc, markw, pal, ddorwin, jdsmith, davide, +1.303.661.aaaa, BobLund, joesteele
Regrets
Chair
Paul Cotton
Scribe
joesteele
Contents

Topics <http://www.w3.org/2015/04/07-html-media-minutes.html#agenda>
Media TF F2F meeting, Wed-Thu Apr 15-16 <http://www.w3.org/2015/04/07-html-media-minutes.html#item01>
Issue #45 - Remove "persistent-release-message" MediaKeySessionType <http://www.w3.org/2015/04/07-html-media-minutes.html#item02>
Issue #39 - MediaKeyStatusMap: Replace maplike with explicit methods <http://www.w3.org/2015/04/07-html-media-minutes.html#item03>
Bug 26776 - Diagnosing and resolving CDM errors needs a numeric systemCode (deleted with MediaKeyError) <http://www.w3.org/2015/04/07-html-media-minutes.html#item04>
Issue #9 - Remove note that MediaKeySession events may not be fired until the MediaKeys object is associated with a media element <http://www.w3.org/2015/04/07-html-media-minutes.html#item05>
Next Week <http://www.w3.org/2015/04/07-html-media-minutes.html#item06>
Summary of Action Items <http://www.w3.org/2015/04/07-html-media-minutes.html#ActionSummary>
<trackbot> Date: 07 April 2015
<paulc> Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2015Apr/0005.html <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2015Apr/0005.html>
<paulc> Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2015Apr/0005.html <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2015Apr/0005.html>
<paulc> Scribenick: paulc
Media TF F2F meeting, Wed-Thu Apr 15-16

14 people including A11Y experts have registered: https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/html-april-2015/results <https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/html-april-2015/results>
Paul is re-arranging a teleconference facility which is being arranged.
ACTION-80?
<trackbot> ACTION-80 -- Paul Cotton to Organize potential f2f topics part of wiki and sent out notice asking for input from tf -- due 2015-03-31 -- OPEN
<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/80 <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/80>
close action-80
<trackbot> Closed action-80.
Potential discussion topics: https://www.w3.org/wiki/HTML/wg/2015-04-Agenda#Potential_Topics <https://www.w3.org/wiki/HTML/wg/2015-04-Agenda#Potential_Topics>
>The F2F meeting will be held on the Microsoft campus in Redmond, WA in the XXX room of Building 43.
XXX will be updated today.
Basically attendees will go to Building 43 reception, get a vistors pass and then be accompanied to the meeting room
The meeting will start at 9:30am on Wed. So Jerry and Paul will be there at 9am to greet people.
See https://www.w3.org/wiki/HTML/wg/2015-04-Agenda#EME_open_bugs_and_issues <https://www.w3.org/wiki/HTML/wg/2015-04-Agenda#EME_open_bugs_and_issues>
markw: How do we prepare for the meeting?
... I will prepare a summary of the first three items.
<joesteele> chair: paulc
<joesteele> scribenick: joesteele
paulc: Mark please put in a status summary at the end of each of those items
... name in square brackets at the front will help
<paulc> paulc: Just add your [name] at the front of any items you are interested in and/or are voluteering to lead the discussion on.
<scribe> scribe: joesteele
paulc: given the large number of bugs for EME, do the editors have a preference on how to process?
... I added a list in order
... would like to know which folks would like to discuss
... can do in the un-conference on the first day, but if we don't process ahead of time we will go through every one
ddorwin: I would want to focus on the ones people have interest in, not just process all of them
... folks should list the ones they want to discuss
... might need to re-org the page a bit to include a section for bugs folks want to discuss
paulc: think they can add right under the topic
... folks travelling to the F2F have an interest in getting things done, and should indicate which ones they are interested in
... Joe, not sure whether you have vetted the items with your names on them for awhile
joesteele: I will have to review for closed/decided ones
paulc: wiki could use better formatting
... any other questions about F2F?
... adjournment time on Thursday, no earlier than 3PM
... can stay beyond if we have critical mass
Issue #45 - Remove "persistent-release-message" MediaKeySessionType

https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/45 <https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/45>
paulc: push back on this issue
... david, you want to comment?
ddorwin: some discussion online, have not had a chance to fully read and reply yet
... let's continue at the F2F
paulc: ok I will add to the list of issues for the F2F
markw: this is related to the issues already on the wiki
<paulc> >Review the disposition of the session/key persistence issues 16,18,20,26
ddorwin: we should figure out what it really means, do the others really belong
paulc: at least one of these got closed
markw: some are uncontroversial, we should review?
paulc: that sounds right
joesteele: we just need to vett the list now
paulc: mark, sounds like it would be a good idea to split this up and review
... might not need to spend any time at all
... on ones that are resolved
Issue #39 - MediaKeyStatusMap: Replace maplike with explicit methods

https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/39 <https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/39>
ACTION-78?
<trackbot> ACTION-78 -- Mark Watson to Look into @@iterators for issue 39 -- due 2015-04-06 -- CLOSED
<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/78 <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/78>
paulc: response from Mark saying we had taked care of this, but has been some pushback
... thats why I included it
<paulc> See push back on arbitrary order: https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/39#issuecomment-85559459 <https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/39#issuecomment-85559459>
paulc: want to make sure we are all on the same page
markw: I don't have anything to add here
paulc: so you think we have agreement, maybe ignore the concern expressed?
... might just put a warning in the docs?
markw: I would be happy with that, but other folks should consider
paulc: is issue-39 marked for implementation?
ddorwin: yes
paulc: think we can leave the status the way it is
Bug 26776 - Diagnosing and resolving CDM errors needs a numeric systemCode (deleted with MediaKeyError)

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=26776 <https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=26776>
ACTION-79?
<trackbot> ACTION-79 -- Jerry Smith to Draft a proposal for returning errors as per bug 26776 -- due 2015-03-30 -- CLOSED
<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/79 <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/79>
jdsmith: in the hands of the editors
Issue #9 - Remove note that MediaKeySession events may not be fired until the MediaKeys object is associated with a media element

https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/9 <https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/9>
paulc: also from a previous mtg
... did this yesterday
<paulc> https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/9#issuecomment-90257480 <https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/9#issuecomment-90257480>
markw: I think the proposal to resolve was david's idea, that apple maintain the possibility of not firing the event
... the brower can make the decision of how to handle
... this turns into an explicit capability detection
paulc: comments?
... can we resolve now?
<paulc> See previous comment: https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/9#issuecomment-75681264 <https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/9#issuecomment-75681264>
paulc: Mark does your proposal go against this comment?
... "we specifically asked for this message to be added ..."
markw: the proposal is consistent with what he is asking for, the behavior would be allowed, but is explicitly exposed
paulc: any other comments? or can we resolve?
joesteele: +1 to resolving
paulc: does anyone object with resolving?
ddorwin: I am concerned about the impact for apps that want to support Apple, but this seems likes the simplest path forward. I am fine with it
paulc: OK then hand to the editors
... thanks Mark
Next Week

no mtg next week
paulc: would like to give folks this time back
... would like for folks to work on the wiki and figure out what is important
... see you all on the 15th at the F2F
... bye all

Summary of Action Items <>[End of minutes]
Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl <http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm> version 1.140 (CVS log <http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/>)
$Date: 2015/04/07 15:40:41 $


Received on Tuesday, 7 April 2015 15:43:44 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 7 April 2015 15:43:45 UTC