W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-media@w3.org > April 2015

RE: {agenda} HTML WG media telecon 2015-04-07 - F2F agenda and EME status and bug/issue discussion

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2015 13:26:34 +0000
To: Mark Watson <watsonm@netflix.com>
CC: "public-html-media@w3.org" <public-html-media@w3.org>
Message-ID: <CY1PR0301MB1196EDD35656853BDF6A4FCAEAFD0@CY1PR0301MB1196.namprd03.prod.outlook.com>
I agree that we closed ACTION-78.  Two weeks ago you added the results of our discussion in https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/39#issuecomment-85551527  I believe there has been push back on the items being unordered in https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/39#issuecomment-85559459 Therefore I expect ISSUE-39 needs more discussion.

/paulc

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
Tel: (425) 705-9596 Fax: (425) 936-7329

From: Mark Watson [mailto:watsonm@netflix.com]
Sent: Monday, April 06, 2015 5:54 PM
To: Paul Cotton
Cc: public-html-media@w3.org
Subject: Re: {agenda} HTML WG media telecon 2015-04-07 - F2F agenda and EME status and bug/issue discussion

I noticed that ACTION-78 (on me, about @@iterator) got a new data assigned last week, but we had actually closed it the week before. I thought we concluded that we needed the iterator behavior without further investigation ? The action is marked as CLOSED.

...Mark

On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 2:18 PM, Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com<mailto:Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>> wrote:

The HTML WG media teleconference meeting will occur on 2015-04-07 for up to 60 minutes from 15:00Z to 16:00Z.



http://timeanddate.com/s/2te3




Tokyo midnight, Amsterdam/Oslo 17:00, London/Dublin 16:00, New Jersey/York 11:00, Kansas City 10:00, Seattle/San Francisco 08:00.



Chair of the meeting: Paul Cotton

Scribe: TBD



(See the end of this email for dial-in and IRC info.)



== Agenda ==



1. Roll call, introductions and selection of scribe



2. Previous meeting minutes

Mar 31:

http://www.w3.org/2015/03/24-html-media-minutes.html


Mar 24:

http://www.w3.org/2015/03/24-html-media-minutes.html


Mar 17:

http://www.w3.org/2015/03/17-html-media-minutes.html


Mar 3:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2015Mar/0005.html


Feb 17:

http://www.w3.org/2015/02/17-html-media-minutes.html




3. EME status and bugs



a) Encrypted Media Extensions editor's draft

https://w3c.github.io/encrypted-media/


Last updated on Mar 31



b) Encrypted Media Extensions bugs:

http://tinyurl.com/7tfambo


Status as of Apr 6: 19 bugs

Status as of Mar 30: 20 bugs

Status as of Mar 22: 21 bugs

Status as of Mar 16: 21 bugs

Status as of Mar 3: 21 bugs



c) EME GitHub issues

https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues


Status as of Apr 6: 23 bugs

Status as of Mar 30: 25 bugs

Status as of Mar 22: 26 issues

Status as of Mar 16: 27 issues

Status as of Mar 3: 27 issues



4. Media TF F2F meeting

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2015Mar/0011.html




a) Attendance

Status: 14 people have confirmed and there will be a small continent of A11Y TF experts meeting in Redmond at the same time.

https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/html-april-2015/results




b) ACTION-80: Organize potential f2f topics part of wiki and sent out notice asking for input from tf

http://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/80


Status: DONE.



c) F2F web page and agenda

https://www.w3.org/wiki/HTML/wg/2015-04-Agenda




d) F2F Potential topics

https://www.w3.org/wiki/HTML/wg/2015-04-Agenda#Potential_Topics




5. New issues (or ideas)



a) Issue 45: Remove "persistent-release-message" MediaKeySessionType

https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/445




6. Open actions from previous meetings



a) Issue #39 - MediaKeyStatusMap: Replace maplike with explicit methods

https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/39


ACTION-78 - Look into @@iterators for issue 39 [on Mark Watson - due 2015-03-24].

Status: ACTION-78 was closed at the Mar 24 meeting.  Discussion continues in the issue.



b) Bug 26776 - Diagnosing and resolving CDM errors needs a numeric systemCode (deleted with MediaKeyError)

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=26776


ACTION-79 - Draft a proposal for returning errors as per bug 26776 [on Jerry Smith - due 2015-03-31].

http://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/79




c) Issue #9 - Remove note that MediaKeySession events may not be fired until the MediaKeys object is associated with a media element

https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/9


Status: Mark agreed to update issue at the last meeting.



7. Other open bugs/issues for discussion http://tinyurl.com/7tfambo https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues


Status: We will troll the Issues list for other discussion items.



8. Next meeting

Note: There will be no task force meeting in Tue Apr 14.



9. Any other business



10. Chair and Scribe for next meeting



11. Adjournment



== Dial-in and IRC Details ==



Zakim teleconference bridge:

   +1.617.761.6200<tel:%2B1.617.761.6200>, conference 63342 ("media")

https://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar#s_5366




Supplementary IRC chat (logged):

   #html-media on irc.w3.org<http://irc.w3.org> port 6665 or port 80



Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
Tel: (425) 705-9596<tel:%28425%29%20705-9596> Fax: (425) 936-7329<tel:%28425%29%20936-7329>


Received on Tuesday, 7 April 2015 13:27:08 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 7 April 2015 13:27:09 UTC