Re: Please, reject the EME proposal

On 2013/05/10 23:41, Pascual Conesa wrote:
> The only trust being built
> here is between media companies calling for DRM and their powerful
> allies promoting EME in the W3C.

I would simply add to this that from what I understand (please correct
me if I am wrong) EME is designed to restrict the way the user may use
their own computer/browser. The fact that W3C would have their name on
this is truly irritating and to be honest, I would lose at least some of
the immense respect and trust I have for them.

Since I first heard of EME I have not understood why the proponents of
EME haven't simply gotten together outside the W3C to develop an
independent DRM standard (or been politely invited to do so). I
understand that normalising in browser DRM can be beneficial for
entities who wish to control the distribution and usage of their content
by their users, but does this have a place within the W3C ?

--
Emmanuel Revah