Re: Please, reject the EME proposal

I fully agree with pasconguero@gmail.com, and the other points made on this
list this morning. I am not a "simple user" like a75576@alumni.tecnun.es,
but a Professor of Information Science, but I agree with his points. The
implementation of DRM into the HTML5 specification not only is an grossly
inappropriate accommodation of special interests, nor only an act that
probably violates W3C's mandate, but it could wind up being fatal to the
trust that is the foundation of the W3Cs ongoing mandate. DRM may also
violate certain national laws on privacy, but it certainly violates any
ethical understanding of privacy and individual rights. I am disgusted by
this implementation by the W3C and I call on the W3C to withdraw this
implementation immediately.

Prof. Robin Boast

--

Mr. Prof. Dr. Robin Boast

Hoogleraar Culturele Informatiewetenschap
Capaciteitsgroep Mediastudies
Universiteit van Amsterdam
[Professor of Information Science and Culture]
[Department of Media Studies]
 [University of Amsterdam]