Re: ARIA use in HTML other than for accessibility.

Where my head is at on this is that people should look at ARIA semantics to
drive the user experience. At its core ARIA defines semantics for UI
(structural, state, and properties). At IBM we have already begun to use it
to drive the look  of user experiences. When we have meetings with IBM
designers we are now having semantic discussions for which we can both talk
on the same level and build user experiences that are meaningful. If we
start with ARIA semantics we can use it to drive the style of the UI and
reducing the amount of JavaScript. This is becoming increasingly important
for mobile.

We are also crossing the line between what is for accessibility and what is
not. ARIA is becoming a curb cut for user experiences. We are looking at
digital semantics for digital books, drawings, etc. If we are successful
with ARIA semantics for books we can use it to drive UIs like every user
being able to say: "Go to the glossary."

This is what I mean by it is being used by more than just accessibility.

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger